What is the Resilient Men’s Circle?
We, gay men, need a safe space where we can look inside ourselves, because each one of us has lived our personal processes in different ways and rhythms, our coming out or not coming out of the closet has conditioned us to be able to carry our sexuality in one way or another. Therefore, this space among peers allows us to express our experiences in an intimate and confidential environment.
For this reason, there are no rules or agreements in these meetings, only the confidentiality and intimacy of the matters discussed there must be respected and preserved.
Who is the Circle of Resilient Men for?
This space is only for people living with HIV, putting in the debate new conceptions regarding our sexuality, combating misinformation and the stigma that they still suffer, informing and educating in the communication of U=U (Undetectable equals Untransmittable ), report on the benefit and impact of the implementation of PrEP on sexual well-being for non-positives and how it improves apprehensions about sexuality in general, guide the youngest population that is just beginning their social and sexual life in the best way and for the more experienced to have new tools for your enjoyment and more pleasant lifestyle.
How is the Resilient Men’s Circle?
It is a 120 minutes monthly session (including a break in the middle of the activity) and is structured in the following sections:
- Initial Mindfulness practice
- Group dynamics
- Development of the topics to be discussed
- Proposals for the next session
- Farewell and closing
When is the Resilient Men’s Circle?
It will be held on the 3rd Sunday of every month from 11:00am to 01:00pm.
Why do we do the Resilient Men’s Circle?
At the Circulo de Hombres Resilientes (CHR) we will learn to live and experience resilience through mutual accompaniment, where you will find people who understand you and who have lived through similar situations, who will be able to give you a vision that will help you and bring understanding and wisdom.
We assure you that you will feel very good when you share something that you have never told, something that made you feel vulnerable, and that some of the members of the circle may also be experiencing.
The objectives of the CHR are:
- General objectives:
- To create a safe space for conversation among peers to express, share, accompany each other in their personal process of resilience.
- To improve and increase the resilient capacity of the group members.
- Specific objectives:
- To share concerns and feelings without being judged.
- Express and acknowledge fears and doubts.
- Active listening.
- To accompany and support other group members.
- To strengthen personal growth.
- Reinforce self-esteem.
- Learn to live with your infection and lead a normal and healthy life.
- Regain your confidence to establish affective relationships.
- Identify your potential and limitations.
- Learn to be creative, modifying painful situations into learning.
- Trust in your abilities.
- Practice Mindfulness or full awareness.
- Learn to be more flexible.
- Facing adversity with humour.
- Learn to ask for help.